Last Thursday I had the privilege to deliver a presentation for the August monthly meetup for Code4lib Mid-Atlantic. I talked about the challenges facing video game preservation and what they mean for people in cultural institutions. I want to thank everyone who attended for all of your great questions and feedback. For those weren’t able to make the trip out to Temple University’s Paley Library, I have attached a copy of my notes along with a hopefully useful bibliography here (Impellizeri Code4Lib Talk). I will also be conducting an expanded version of this talk at the upcoming October meeting of Archivists Being Awesome.
- @McKellogs As a fellow dissertator, I sympathize 4 months ago
- RT @HistoryContext: On this Memorial Day, we look back at the contested history of the holiday following the Civil War. https://t.co/ktxFw… 4 months ago
- RT @PriSourceCode: Some insight into the fate of CDs. #gamepreservation theatlantic.com/technology/arc… 4 months ago
- RT @PriSourceCode: In the midst of the Crash, there was a Kool Aid man #videogame that could be yours for 125 proofs of purchase. That's a… 5 months ago
- Look upon this image of Bowser and the Koopa Troopas from a 1989 Sears catalog ad and despair #retrogaming… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 months ago