Last Thursday I had the privilege to deliver a presentation for the August monthly meetup for Code4lib Mid-Atlantic. I talked about the challenges facing video game preservation and what they mean for people in cultural institutions. I want to thank everyone who attended for all of your great questions and feedback. For those weren’t able to make the trip out to Temple University’s Paley Library, I have attached a copy of my notes along with a hopefully useful bibliography here (Impellizeri Code4Lib Talk). I will also be conducting an expanded version of this talk at the upcoming October meeting of Archivists Being Awesome.
- RT @MyOwnVelouria: Pssst, here's a sneak peek of the table of contents for my book Video Games Have Always Been Queer, all about queerness… 7 hours ago
- Me: OMG every Smash character is coming back for #SmashBrosUltimate! Also Me: I want more new characters in Smash! 5 days ago
- @musecollworker I know that, sir 1 week ago
- @musecollworker If I'm the one to do it, they'll run their quill pens through it... 1 week ago
- Two #dissertation chapter drafts submitted to advisor in one night. Time to celebrate with homebrew and petting cats. 2 weeks ago
- God, help me. Here we go #darksouls #xbox360 #videogamesThere’s a guy practicing the trumpet just outside my office by playing the Star Wars theme! #starwars #ilovemyjobJust another night of #dissertation research. Fun fact: the #powerglove is actually a research enhancer, albeit hard to type with while wearing #history #videogamehistory #thewizard #itssobad #supermariobros3 @nintendoMeanwhile Phoebe attempts her cutest pose yet. #catsofinstagramTake that, #watertemple! @nintendo #legendofzelda #ocarinaoftime #retrogaming #watertemplesucksPrimus, give me strength. Here we go. #watertemple #legendofzelda #ocarinaoftime @nintendo